View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #1157
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post

Staumont is just absolutely filthy and has been for a couple years at least. But he has GOT to get some command and as a college draft pick, he's running out of time.

I totally get what the Cubs announcers saw there - the dude has some SERIOUS shit. But you can't survive in this game walking 5 guys/9.

What he's doing so far will absolutely play - he can be wild in the zone and be okay because his stuff is that damn good. Most guys can't be wild in the zone because they'll just give up doubles all day when a ball leaks out over the middle - Staumont can just throw at the center and let the natural movement and velocity take over so his margin for error is greater than most.

He doesn't have to have Saberhagen's precision out there and maybe he's finally turned the corner. But in that Cardinals game I watched right before the season I saw the same guy I saw in '19 who had world-killing stuff and just couldn't get the ball over the plate.

He's fun to watch - i'll be rooting for him. Until the first time Matheny pitches him 7 times in 10 days (yes, Matheny has actually done this...at least twice. Not 10 games, mind you - 10 days) and his arm flies from his body.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.