View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 05:11 PM   #28301
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I think PugsnotDrugs(?) had posted a thread saying he had a friend who was privy to the fact that the Chiefs were HUGE on Mahomes and McCaffery. The focus on Mahomes was so specific that I paid attention to that thread more than I had with draft speculation in the past. I still thought it was BS (sorry Pugs), but the moment the Chiefs traded up I knew who they were picking (the Denver hosts were gobsmacked by the trade. They had no idea who the Chiefs were targeting. One asked why they would replace a Top 10 QB in Alex Smith with someone who had his same skillet - Watson). The other host, however, said, "I don't think Andy wants another Smith, I think he wants his Brett Favre"). That host was right. I remember soaking in their shock of it all - because it finally felt like we were in the game.
That was Gruden. Both Gruden and Sean Payton thought of Mahomes as the next Favre before the draft.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.