View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #4166
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Y'know, the weird thing is that I was exactly the same way. I simply watched the game and I enjoyed it. When Damien broke left to clench the win, my wife and I hugged and I grinned really big, but that was it. I figured I'd start bawling or something as fifty years of waiting unleashed itself. But no. I just grinned.

Oddly, I actually feel more emotion about it afterwards. If I think about the big plays in the playoffs and the Super Bowl, I'll actually tear up sometimes four months later.

I never thought it would be like that. Maybe it's like Disneyland for the first time, or taking a big trip. When it's happening you're focused on enjoying it in the moment, and then later you really start appreciating what it was.

I'll tell you this, though. For the rest of my life I'm going to remember flying off that hotel room bed onto my feet and yelling when that kickoff fumble flew out into Darwin's hands against the Texans.
I was a drunken emotional mess when they beat the goddamn Colts at Arrowhead in the 2018 playoffs. Finally staked those dreamcrushing pricks and got the no winning at home monkey off our backs. That’s the happiest I’ve ever been after a Chiefs game.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.