View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #15383
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
You may have to try both but I would also WASH off the salt cure with cold water BEFORE you sous vide it or else it may become an encapsulated salt bomb.
Oh, the pork belly will be smoked again, and I not only washed it off last time, I scrubbed it with a veggie brush to make sure I got all the salt, thyme, and other junk off. That's why it was such a let-down. The next try will use less salt, no slicing through the top fat, a little more brown sugar, a touch more maple syrup, a few more drops of bourbon, and a 7-day sure instead of 10 days. We'll see if that's the magic. What's the worst that could happen?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.