View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #210
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Taking low 7 figures with me to the DR would be a solid long-term goal.

The Dominican, in its developed areas, has very good infrastructure and is quite nice. I felt extremely safe the entire time I was there - much more so than in Mexico.

Beautiful scenery, friendly people and cheap beachfront property. I have a foundational understanding of Spanish I could build back up again (I could speak it in my college days; not so much anymore).

But probably avoid Haiti. There there be dragons.

Within the country I'd probably settle into the coastal Carolinas somewhere. Southern North Carolina would be the sweet spot but I could handle South Carolina as well.

Going to some country like that seems like a good financial move, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to pull the trigger. I'd be wary of investing in real estate but don't want to rent, and I wouldn't want to move my financial assets into some place that may not be stable. (I guess not all of them require that, but it seems like some do.) I wouldn't mind having a villa and servants, but I'll have to do a lot more research to consider that, and I know that my wife is very wary of it to start with.

I think I've got one more international destination coming up on the list, which is one I'd defintiely consider, though.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.