View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #189
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Nice, flinchfree! That's kind of the vision that I have. I was expecting (and hoping) for Palm Springs to rank higher, because I liked my one experience there.

Have you been there in the summer? How tolerable is it?
I just got back 3 days ago after spending roughly 3 weeks there. Rest of family came with me for just 5 days or so as we drove out, and then they needed to get back for various reasons. Killer drive as we stopped in Moab (did Arches this time, Canyon Lands is waaaaaaaaaay better!) and Mt Zion national parks in Utah.

So, weather in summer......most days it's up over 105 by 11:30 and keeps crushing until the sun dips over the back mountain around 7:00pm. If you want to golf or play tennis you start at 7:00am.
Me, I grew up in Australia so don't mind the big heat, and I will admit PS is an absolute monster June/July/August. The air itself gets super heated, so you just move through it very slowly and casually, stay in the shade or the pool where you can, and move in and out of air con from your car to your home to a restaurant where possible. I kind of like the feeling though, especially sitting on the patio with a joint lit and a nice iced drink. Super relaxing.

Even with that heat we did a couple trail walks with tonnes of water in hand and in the car, and took the dog on a few long walks to downtown and back daily.

Absolutely frickin love it.
And then October - May.....the weather is just dummy good.

Last edited by flinchfree; 07-19-2020 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: for accuracy
flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.