View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #15324
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
But they're not mutually exclusive.

Few vinegar based sauces don't also have brown sugar or tomatoes in them to add some level of sugar. Peppers and onions also bring sugars to the mix.

My objection is simply to the idea that Vinegar is used as a masking agent - it isn't. At least it isn't more than molasses is. If you push either ingredient to it's purest, most extreme form - they'll run roughshod over most any meat. But few ever do that. They're used in concert with other complementary flavors. And sauces that DON'T utilize vinegar at least in some small amount end up too fruity in their own right; vinegar helps bring a complementary tartness/acidity to the party.
Sorry, I was reading the conversation very differently.

It seemed like it started off with not liking 'hot sauce' as a BBQ sauce because it's mostly just vinegar, and it seemed like you countered with 'if you don't like vinegar, you can't like molasses, . . . or any spices or sauces, because they're ALL 'assisting weak meat.'

Sure everything has a balance. But my point was simply - if you're 'out of balance,' out of balance vinegary is very different from out of balance sugary.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.