View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 03:27 PM   #69
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Also can't be understated how outstanding our nobodies played....

Charvarius ward
Breeland
Damien Williams
Wisnewski
Rankin (before the injury)
Pennel
Matt Moore

He might as well have picked these guys up from goodwill.
Very good point there. He absolutely deserves major marks for Ward.

If you're gonna give him credit for Breeland though, let's not forget that he passed on him in '18 when he was a street free agent and we were again a single stop away from an AFC championship. Could Breeland have helped there?

Williams is fine; fungible. System back who belongs on Andy's ledger. Again, I think you're overlooking the relativity aspect of this whole thing. Under Dorsey's tenure we were slapping him on the back for those same sorts of in-season additions that work out well. Why? Because Pioli never did 'em.

Well that's because Pioli was a pile of warmed over dogshit. My point is that MOST teams have a number of nice in-season pickups like that. The Chiefs aren't a lot different in that regard apart from the fact that their coach is a goddamn wizard who can hide someone like Reiter.

I'm simply trying to point out that in some instances we're giving him credit for things that all good GMs do and saying that makes him clearly the best. No - there are many good GMs in this league that do things like that.

Now a move like getting a top flight CB for a guard you were going to cut? Well that's unique. I think Ward is a genuine top 25 CB in this league and for some weird reason I completely air-mailed that one. Veach deserves enormous credit for that pickup and THOSE are the things that I think can distinguish him from a fairly select group of very good GMs going forward.

But using cap space made possible from a cheap QB to sign Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitches? C'mon. He's not infallible and it's okay to point that out.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.