View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 07:30 AM   #530
Starter

COVID makes this a really unique situation. What happens to player contracts if the season is cancelled? Do the years till? Do they not get paid at all, or do they still get paid whatever was in their guaranteed contract year?

If Jones’ plan is to sit out and not play on the tag, but then there is no season, he’s right back at the same place this time next year...at best. So no income this year, then having to commit to no income next year as he sits out the tag again potentially, and then maybe finally for the 2022 season he can get a new contract after having been off the field for 36ish months.

I’m not sure how this plays out, but I’d be “securing the bag” now however I could. Even playing on the tag isn’t a great option if the season is cancelled. Puts him more than two years away from financial peace of mind. If he can get anything north of $55M guaranteed, I’d likely take that deal regardless of how the years are structured (within reason). You hope that he gets another 50ish non guaranteed that he actually lives to see because he stays healthy and continues being a key piece on the dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0