View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #526
Why so serious?

I'm glad they're changing their name. I never for a second thought about the 'Redskins' like that, but on reflection, I can see how it has a clear racist underpinning. And I don't see why there's any need for that to continue to exist.

As for the Chiefs, I'd be sorely disappointed if we lost the team name and I'd think it was going too far. Ditto-ish for Arrowhead. I've always disliked The Chop - more from a dislike of FSU than anything else - and I'd happily sacrifice that.

Some of these things will cross the boundary into clear ridiculousness. The 'cancel culture' is hardly going to bat 1,000. But it's creating discussion about things we've just blindly taken for granted as the acceptable norm forever. That has value in and of itself.

I'd much rather be 'woke' and open to seeing the other side of things than blindly narrow-minded.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote