View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #469
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Same here.

....it won't be the same, though.

Speaking of branding, when the Redskins are have the company of : Lions, Eagles, Bears Bills Titans Giants etc..all names of power and prestige...I find it hard to be considered a slight or negative image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I get what you are saying here. When I envision "redskin", I think football, then I think of some badass warrior fighting off asshole colonists. It's taken on quite the honorable connotation I think.

But I'm not them, so whatever.

I mentioned this somewhere in the discussion, but if we step back and look at things in the big picture, team names are by definition an honor. When you name a team, you're borrowing the mascot's attributes that you want people to associate with you. Brave, strong, ferocious, tenacious, whatever. You're not going to name a team after something that you view as a negative.

So people can get offended however they want, and certainly there's a potential for different people to perceive names differently. But they simply can't argue that a team name is intentionally an insult.

(This ignores the Boaty McBoatface possibility such as the Santa Cruz Banana Slugs, but that's an outlier.)
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote