View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #359
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think the biggest issue with "Chiefs" isn't local perception but national perception of their imagery.

I hope that they never change the name and colors of the team but I think it's only a matter of time before they'll have to redesign the logo, rename the stadium and get rid of Warpaint, et al.

I have no idea whether that'll be in 5 years or 20 years but I don't think there's any denying that it's going to happen eventually.
I do find it interesting, though, that we'll have idle discussions on this very board about changes to the uniforms and logo. Maybe not so much the team name, but it wouldn't be considered off limits if it's coming internally from those of us in the Chiefs family. I think the real resistance is if it feels like it's being forced from outside the Chiefs fan base and franchise.

The funny thing is that it's happened before. We were the Dallas Texans with a very different log through 1962. Obviously the physical move was the big difference there, and most likely the fan base had a near-100 percent turnover as a result, but it's happened before.

Now I'm curious. Are there still any Chiefs fans today who were originally Dallas Texans fans? That would be a fun thing to know.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.