View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 08:05 PM   #336
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
Here's what I don't understand:

What is the difference between "Chiefs" and "Redtails"? which is the name that every woke sportswriter wants the Redskins to adopt.

Chiefs is an honorary term for Native Americans (really it's just a leadership position that has nothing to do with natives but that's beside the point). Redtails is an honorary term for a group of black fighter pilots in WWII.

I thought the whole point of scrapping all Native themed nicknames is because we don't want people to be mascots. In particular, an oppressed group of people being mascots.

But isn't that exactly what "Redtails" would be? Making an oppressed group of people a mascot?

Someone please help me understand the difference.

This thread is no place for logic.

But yeah, you're exactly right. Both names are intended to honor a group. Maybe one difference is that you can get some sort of official seal of approval for Redtails, though I'm not sure how that would work. Would every man in that unit have to approve it? Would the military? What if someone changes their mind later, or says that they felt pressured to endorse it.

I think there's no chance that it'll be Redtails for this reason and others. In the modern world, you simply don't name your team after any humans. There's always a way to criticize humans. Plus, it's also not a good name at all.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote