View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #300
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I tell you all the time and over 15+ years I value your insight into players. Your top notch on this site. Without question, one of the best. But, Clowney? Your 4 points above I cant disagree with but if we do that deal, how do we fit Jones in there?
It makes sense. Its not how you fit Jones in there after the fact. The first shoe to drop is getting Jones off the tag, and giving him a longer term deal with a lower 2020 cap hit (vs. his $16M Franchise tag).

If Jones costs only $10M against the cap, you use that found money to swing a deal for Clowney. His 2019 salary was $15M, certainly the ceiling he's looking at now. Maybe you get him to come down to join the Chiefs and make a stat stuffed championship season. The three of them would be a nightmare.
Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.