View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #386
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

The more I think about it, why do we even have team mascots? All they do is take the glory of someone who has good or honorable traits, and steal them.

When I drive by some small town high school and I see "Home of the Spartans" on their building, do I really equate those gawky 16 year olds with the soldiers of an ancient high-ferocity military state? When I see a college that says, "Home of the Tigers", do I really think that their football team is the equivalent of a 700-pound killing machine?

No. It's stolen glory, all of it.

Now, that does argue that teams don't get named for derogatory reasons, so it's pretty much a logic proof on why team names are meant to honor those that they steal glory from. But that's an aside. If you want honor and glory, you have to go earn it yourself.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.