Thread: Food and Drink Finally, a steak worthy of ketchup
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 PM   #36
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and weight gain are all viable reasons as to why someone would consider plant-based alternatives to beef products.

I've never tried any plant-based meat alternatives but then again, I don't crave red meat or pork and rarely eat either.
I am genetically predisposed to high cholesterol and high blood pressure, and that is the primary reason why I switched to a plant based diet. Since switching, my total cholesterol dropped to 122 (53 HDL), and my blood pressure tonight was 98/68 with a heart rate of 54bpm.

I'm an old guy, so I am pretty pleased with those numbers.

I've eaten a plant based diet for a few years now, and quite frankly, I really have no desire to eat meat anymore (which is ironic since most of my family's wealth comes from the beef industry). What I quickly realized after switching is that I really didn't crave meat, per se, but rather the flavors that are typically associated with meat, for example the char on a steak, the fat, the sweet and/or tangy of bbq, etc. You can get all that and more with a plant based diet; you just need to learn how to season and cook properly.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.