View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #229
Supporter

If it wasn't for that complete freak of nature, Aaron Donald, Chris Jones would be viewed as the best interior lineman in the NFL and his numbers back that up.

There is also absolutely no doubt that Jones has earned a $20 million dollar per year contract because he's a game changer who's relentless and a force of nature when healthy.

If I was Jones or his agent, I'd advise him to holdout, too, and there's no way I'd play on the Franchise Tag, either. What if he's injured or tears an ACL mid-season? There's no way a team would offer him a $100 million dollar deal coming off of injury, while missing prime years.

With all of the uncertainty about this season and without new TV contracts in place, I don't think that any team can compete for a Super Bowl title when they're paying three players in excess of $20 million per year.

Had COVID not wrecked this year for sports, maybe the NFL's new TV contracts would have allowed the Chiefs to sign Jones to the type of contract he's earned but with so much uncertainty, not only in 2020 but for future years as well, I believe the best course of action for both parties is a sign and trade deal.

It's an unfortunate reality but I think it's more likely than not that he'll be on another roster once the season begins.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0