View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #272
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2 View Post
I see where you’re coming from; I think I would defer to native Americans as to whether or not the name Chiefs is offensive - wouldn’t you?
Why?

Taking offense is the easiest, least objective, way to assert oneself anywhere.

I don't defer to fundamentalists who are offended by 'blasphemy' and 'obcenity' on the airwaves or in the movie theaters.

I don't defer to 'Karens'

Comedians don't and shouldn't defer to hecklers.

If there is evidence that a name or action was instituted due to malice or disparagement, those who instituted the name or action would be well-served to exercise introspection regarding their actions.

But if there is no malicious intent, automatic deferral to the offended just breeds an industry of offense-taking.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.