View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #170
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
But that strategy was exactly what Veach tried to do. Keep everybody so the team would have one 50% shot instead of two 40% shots. And you said it was a bit of a shortsighted strategy.
I agree?

Again - I don't LIKE what Veach did here. My point is that I'd take multiple shots over a single more likely shot every time.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm saying that the NFL is so beholden to random chance that over any meaningful timeline, your outcomes will be better if you pursue a more balanced approach.

Now as to last season - I kinda get that one and I'll defend it. The Chiefs hadn't won a SB in 5 decades and seemed to be cursed. They'd knocked on the door the year before and it was time to kick that ****er in. Go ahead and make some aggressive moves then.

But now it's done. The championship is won, the curse is lifted and any potential of the "Can't win the big one" for Mahomes is gone, as is the 'greatest coach without a title' crap for Andy. All of that pressure is gone.

So with that being lifted, it was time to take a more measured long-term approach rather than continue to keep the pedal down, IMO.

The 'run it back' drive is admirable and defensible. Going back to back puts you in a different, special tier. But ultimately even THAT is hindered by the fact that Jones now appears to be unwilling to play on the tag.

Which gets back to where I was on the Buckner trade thing - I just feel like perhaps Veach mis-read the room w/r/t Jones here.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.