Thread: Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 03:45 PM   #693
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
What in the actual **** are you talking about? Are you in such a damn bubble that you believe every garage door has an opener on it? And yes, if it's a door that you use with any frequency at all, you put a damn rope on it so you don't have to bend down and grab it AND so you can pull it back to stop when it gets up over your head.

You're just throwing off raw ignorance left, right and center here. Like I said - this discussion at least requires the life skills of a 12 year old and if you don't have the sense to know that yes, a SHITLOAD of garage doors are opened and closed by a damn rope, you really should just tap out of this discussion altogether.

They've never wavered on it being a noose because they ALL have their asses in the same sling right now. NASCAR ran with this stupid half-cocked bullshit at the same time Wallace did. They're all trying to cover their tails for looking like a bunch of race-baiting charlatans.

I'm saying they haven't pulled on it because the 'casual' shots that are supposed to be dispositive show a full loop. I'm saying that if the rope was used even a single time, that knot would've just come shut - at best it would be some little gnarled end where it popped a dudes fingers and it could've easily come undone altogether. It wouldn't be that nice perfect little loop that it shows in the pictures.

Unless, of course, it's a locked loop knot. Because of COURSE it is a locked loop knot. One that provides a nice handle to pull a door open/shut and is then hung on said loop when you shut the door so you don't have to lean down to pick it up.

Someone's never worked outdoors a day in his life, has he? I'm a soft as soft !@#$ing gets these days but I spent my formative years working on a ranch/farm and yes, we have loop knots out there. They're damn handy for getting a garage door to it's end point - it gets up over your head, you grab the loop and you drag backwards to make sure it drags all the way to stop (because if it doesn't, a tractor smokes it when you're parking it or it falls on someone's head if the weight shifts.)

Or maybe it's that string of really unlikely things suggested by the dude that thinks ropes aren't used to open garages.

Man - know when you're beaten. This is just kicking a reeruned kid at this point.
I didnt read your entire post. Sorry.

My dad has owned a shop for longer than I've been alive and until about 3 years ago the doors were manual open and close. We never used the rope to open the doors only to close them. We grabbed a lip on the door until it got up to shoulder level then grabbed the bottom and threw it open. We'd pull in the rope to close the door.

Even if it's a short rope and attached to the very bottom of the door you aren't going to get the door very far open with a rope especially if you are grabbing at the end. So you might grab it to keep the door from 'slamming' too far open but our doors were for big vehicles and more often than not we'd have to use something to push it the rest of the way open not worry about it going too far.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli