Thread: Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #603
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Eagle scouts?

Lots of people know what knots are, dickhead.

Life skills = racist now. So that's new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
You can spot the people who have spent maybe 15 minutes outdoors in their lives REALLY quickly right now.

If you know maybe 5 knots, you know a 'noose'.

I never use 'em because they fall into a weird middle ground. There are easier ones ones and there are stronger ones. I almost always use a simple slip because I'm not worried about it breaking most of the time - it's not permanent. And if I'm making a permanent one I'll use a bowline or something.

But this WASN'T A ****ING NOOSE! This knot was probably a basic loop or a bimini. Which is absolutely perfect for its intended use.

People are just real dumb.
Well I'm just glad that there are so many people that can definitively tell the difference between a noose and a non slip or bikini knot from a blurry still image and a 2 second video clip taken 20 feet away.

For the record, I'm not saying this was an act of racism. In fact, based on the evidence I'd say it was a big old case of nothing.

But everybody acting like they know exactly what knot it is without having seen anything more than we have is what I'm pushing back against.

Also for the record, I cant tie a knot to save my life but I did boy scouts and we didnt spend much time on nooses. I stand by my assessment that theres one group of people who would know a noose from a grainy picture.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote