Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 09:19 AM   #2915
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
The good news is there are quite a few options available to you that come with a ton of different features. I have my preferences, and could make a recommendation based on what I carry. However, that may not be right for you or your family.

Are you looking for a particular caliber? Barrel length limitations? Weight? Single Action / Double Action? Railed? Slide milled for a red dot?

Some good compact automatic firearms in 9mm are below (assuming you don't want a revolver):

Sig Sauer P365
CZ P10C
FN 503 or FN 509 Compact
M&P Shield
Glock 43

I'd probably not stray from that group above. If you don't mind carrying a little or longer larger frame or barrel, then of course the selection opens up a bit. I may, or may not own, or have owned, quite a few firearms, so if you have any further questions feel free. The bottom line is- you, your wife, and Dad need to handle a few of them and see what fills their hand the best. Best case, they rent a couple and put some rounds downrange. If not-- there are gobs of videos for all these guns and you can better form an opinion and make a selection.
Thanks for the list. I dont mind something a little bigger. I usually keep mine in my truck, theres literally room for a ar pistol in my center console lol. For my wife i was looking for something smaller .380/9mm range.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.