Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #404
"I'm with you fellers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I built my top bar hive this weekend. Not sure why but it took me quite a bit longer than I figured it would, but I know if I did another one it would go faster now that I've done one.

I had a swarm that had been in a trap for a couple of weeks that I relocated to it saturday night. I need to get some thin strips or burlap to put over top of the frames but so far I think it's going to be nice. At the rate these bees were building comb on day 1 I'm not sure how long it will be before I have to remove honey frames.

I did decide to put flashing on the top to keep water out. I like how it turned out, I'm interested to see how it compares for production.
Looks good! Yea your gonna wanna keep them in the frames or they will fill your lid with burr comb imho. Did you make a divider?
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.