View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 06:21 AM   #587
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah, the negotiations are depressing.

I stand with the players on this one. The owners can’t claim they can only pay the players fractional salaries (after previously agreeing to prorate salaries) while huge deals like this are announced and they refuse to show any of the financials that support the huge losses they’re claiming. It’s unbelievable (literally), especially when you have idiots like John Mozeliak trying to claim baseball isn’t “very profitable” while just his initial investment in the team has grown by more than 2000 percent since he purchased it.

The owners are being foolish and short-sighted, IMO.

I agree. On top of it the owners thought this negotiation would be a cudgel int the next CBA in 2021.... which has backfired and galvanized the BBPA.

We'll see. The 50 game season will be amazing. The owner will push for a salary cap again...Then will the player strike in 2021? I dunno.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.