View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #440
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I was hoping to see your posts before the draft.

Can you give us your pick for the Royals? I know it depends on who is there but I also know you have an opinion on everyone in the top of the draft.

Who’s the perfect match for the Royals?
Austin Martin is the dream. The Tigers may take him 1-1, the Orioles should take him 1-2, but it sounds like the Mariners are pretty locked in on Asa Martin at 1-3, so if the Tigers take him there's a coin flip chance he gets to #4.

Spencer Torkelson, Arizona State 1B/OF, is someone I've talked about a lot in the past year. He's got great power and projects to hit for solid average, so he's someone I think would fit well for any team. It's hard to see him getting past the second pick, as the Orioles are rumored to love him if the Tigers pass. He'd be a dynamite fit in Baltimore/the AL East. He's a classic 4 hitter.

Asa Lacy, Texas AM LHP, is the top college arm. He sits 93-94, has a plus change and an above-average breaking ball. I've seen speculation he's the only college arm they think can be a true #1 at this point. He seems pretty locked to the Mariners at 1-3, and would pair with Julio Rodriguez and Jarred Kelenic to give them 3 top 25-30 prospects.

I talked about Zac Veen, the top college bat, a little already. He's a lefty hitting guy who probably plays LF long-term (arm is just OK for CF and not enough for RF). Veen has huge power upside and is a great athlete who would be expected to hit for solid average. Hard worker, too. He's expected to be the first HS guy drafted.

My long-time crush Emerson Hancock, RHP Georgia, has slipped since this time last year. The velocity is still there, but he was just OK to start his college season before the shutdown, and there are now concerns about his breaking ball (which apparently regressed a lot).

Other guys to watch early: Max Meyer, RHP Minnesota. 6-0 righty with great fastball and slider.

Pete Crow-Armstrong. Very Royals-y guy. I don't think they draft him at 4, but he's a plus-plus CF with a good LH stroke.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.