View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #81
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I could be wrong but I do not think lower RPM translates to shorter life span or a high chance of failure. I think it just affects the access times which don't matter at all with media.
I don't know how it affects video games but it definitely matters in terms of Read/Write times of audio and video, which is why we used SCSI in the 90's and early 2000's, then 7200 RPM to finally, SSD's.

It's nearly impossible to record even 10 audio streams of 32 bit 48k audio simultaneously to a 5400 RPM drive and then if you throw video into the equation, you're looking at continual crashing and errors.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.