View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #5572
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Just to add on to this: Monticore is right, posture is key and what most people mean when they say "keep your head down" is to actually keep your posture consistent.

When you address the ball there is an angle formed between your hips and your spine. For the sake of ease, we'll say it's 20 degrees.

The golf swing is mainly a rotation around a fixed axis (your spine) wherein you want to keep the angle formed between your hips and spine. Your shoulders rotate 90 degrees to that angle, your hips rotate to that angle.

Watch this video for a visual representation, specifically the 1:20 mark

Good video

I forgot to mention some side to side motion of the head can be acceptable , up and down is the swing killer.

this is good book to read, I wasn't a fan of the writing style but it does build on that feel thing I mentioned earlier.

Ernest Jones' Swing The Clubhead method

Last edited by Monticore; 06-02-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.