View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #5571
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Clubs vary in length so making contact with short clubs should still be doable although getting sized would help, the W will be shorter than the 3 anyways .

Hitting long irons is hard for most people even most pros have gotten ride of 2 irons and such and are hitting hybrids , if you can find a set with 3/4/5 hybrids . I used to love my 2 iron but Hybrids are just easier and more forgiving.

If you top the ball it is often due to head movement (upwards), just worry about posture during your swing ( don't worry about direction) , you could probably watch a few you tube vids that could explain it better than me. Also video tape your self and draw a line across the top of your head at start and see where your head ends up. There might be an app than can help V1 I think.
Just to add on to this: Monticore is right, posture is key and what most people mean when they say "keep your head down" is to actually keep your posture consistent.

When you address the ball there is an angle formed between your hips and your spine. For the sake of ease, we'll say it's 20 degrees.

The golf swing is mainly a rotation around a fixed axis (your spine) wherein you want to keep the angle formed between your hips and spine. Your shoulders rotate 90 degrees to that angle, your hips rotate to that angle.

Watch this video for a visual representation, specifically the 1:20 mark

'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.