View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #5569
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl420 View Post
Mainly inexperience. I'm horrible with the irons, (especially longer iron shots) but in my own defense I don't think I've ever used a set that were actually long enough for me. I constantly top the ball, but I assumed it was because my irons are too short. I've never had any lessons, but a few pretty decent golfers have told me my swing isn't terrible, but I'm awful!
People over the years have tried to complicate the golf wing breaking down into multiple parts, backswing, weight transfer, downswing etc. But if you think of it as one big motion you can removing some of the thinking you are trying to do which usually hurts the process.

When you swing a sledgehammer you don't worry about your weight transfer, leg position etc. the weight of the instrument guides you , let the weight of the club guide you try and feel the weight during the swing, if you break your wrist on the backswing too early for example you lose that feel and let the weight swing it through.

best advice I ever got from a high level pro was " be athletic" I see great athlete in other sports grab a club and there whole body tenses up thus becoming horribly un athletic in the process.

sorry for the rant .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.