View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #5568
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl420 View Post
Mainly inexperience. I'm horrible with the irons, (especially longer iron shots) but in my own defense I don't think I've ever used a set that were actually long enough for me. I constantly top the ball, but I assumed it was because my irons are too short. I've never had any lessons, but a few pretty decent golfers have told me my swing isn't terrible, but I'm awful!
Clubs vary in length so making contact with short clubs should still be doable although getting sized would help, the W will be shorter than the 3 anyways .

Hitting long irons is hard for most people even most pros have gotten ride of 2 irons and such and are hitting hybrids , if you can find a set with 3/4/5 hybrids . I used to love my 2 iron but Hybrids are just easier and more forgiving.

If you top the ball it is often due to head movement (upwards), just worry about posture during your swing ( don't worry about direction) , you could probably watch a few you tube vids that could explain it better than me. Also video tape your self and draw a line across the top of your head at start and see where your head ends up. There might be an app than can help V1 I think.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.