View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #5532
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Are you missing because of distance (short/long) or are you missing side to side?

If it's distance, next time you go to the range, take nothing but your wedges. Hit 10-20 balls with each club at half, 3/4 and full swings and chart your average distance.

Makes it a lot easier when you have a good idea how far a (3/4 54*, as example) regularly goes. Helps with course management as well - for example, I know my 3/4 54* goes 90 yards - which is the same distance within a yard or two of a full swing 58*

You have so much flexibility when you know your distances with less than full swings. My 3/4 54* travels about the same distance as my full swing 58*. Determining where the flag is on the green, along with if the shot is to an slightly elevated green or level to me determines which club I hit, even though they are the same distance away.

When I first did this, I actually wrote my half, 3/4 and full swing distances on a strip of painters tape and stuck it on the shaft below the grip as a reminder.
It's a little bit of both, honestly. For most of these types of shots, I end up just off the green (2-5 yards) right/left/long/short. I know that isn't very far off, but when I struggle with my chipping - which is more often than not - it will sometimes add 3 strokes to a hole. Just drives me crazy.

I'm going to hit the range tonight, so I'll see if I can get a decent track on distance with different swings.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.