Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #2739
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
About 20 years ago I bought a Maverick 88 from a pawnshop. Ran more than 2,000 rounds through it, mostly birdshot for quail and ducks, but also some goose shot and even some no.4 buck for coyotes. Never had an issue, and when I sold it 12 years later I took it apart and did a thorough cleaning job, and couldn't find much additional wear from when I bought it.

A Maverick should be fine as a HD gun and occasional bird gun. Though it's a fixed choke and I don't think you can do anything about it.
I've heard you can use a special tool to install a cylinder choke... YMMV with the ATF if you use too much of it.

Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.