Thread: Chiefs I’m never leaving
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #209
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
So let me tell a story here, a friend of mine that I've known for 20+ years developed a heart condition in his 30s. He's now 38 and has to take medication daily, his mom is a stage 4 cancer patient who has had rounds and rounds of chemo as she's managed to now live 4 years with it.

She lives with him and he does all of their shopping and he does his best to take care of her. He's scared shitless of this entire thing because he has no choice but to leave even though he's at risk because he has no other option. Yet somehow in this place of where we are should he and his mom just be sacrificial because oh well we're bored?
So let me tell you a story.

I have a sister. A half-sister to be specific. Turns 18 in a month. She has a little sister, about 12.

Her mom (my ex-step mom) and her dad are now unemployed because of this (they both worked at a hotel).

They, a family of 4, are surviving right now off of charity work from people they know through Church. They're "lucky" enough to know a few people at church who literally are making up work for them to do around their homes so they can pay them.

They get their meals through Church events and Food banks. If they want to eat dinner, they need to go wait in line at Church. They don't make enough money to pay their rent, and barely make enough to sustain themselves.

Let me be clear here, Mecca. I like you. You're cool people.

But we all got stories of friends and loved ones.

And i care far more about the well being of mine, who need society opened back up so they can sustain themselves, than i do about yours.

And you've demonstrated that you care far more about yours than you do mine.

And that's fine. You should. Your responsibility as an adult should be to take care of yours first. That is your job and priority as a man.

I don't take it personal that you'd rather my sister suffer and have her life turned upside down because of fear that the elderly in your family might get sick. I don't take it personally at all. I completely understand.

But you, and everyone else who thinks like you should understand, and not take it personally when we say we don't give a good-goddamn about your fears and concerns and not even the threat of death will change our minds to allow your concerns to supersede the concerns we have for our own.

So spare me the dramatics about how people you know and love are at risk.

We're all dealing with SOMETHING.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote