View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 05:51 PM   #514
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
Rewatching episode 8 in prep for watching 9 tonight. Wow. I just don't know how they screwed thongs up this bad. I can't tell if it's the writing the acting or what. Everything is just too much. And tries too hard. It's all exaggerated and comes off as almost a satire or parody of itself as a result.

I think the attempts at humor and cuteness are probably the most offensive thing to me, along with Adam Driver's portrayal of Kylo Ren. It amazes me that someone who can act so well in other roles is so bad in this.
Yeah imo it all hinges on the very subpar NEW cast. They all sucked. From the forced Finn/Poe "bromance" to Driver's cringeworthy emo performance etc etc, it was just a dud.

Also worth noting that it was too bad that the original cast of Luke/Han never got to go on one last mission together. I'm no SW expert obviously (just a casual fan) but talk about a missed oppurtunity
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.