Thread: Chiefs Chiefs sign Taco Charlton
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 01:56 PM   #179
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
See, I don't think of this signing that way. It's a smart signing for multiple reasons, but one of them is that it's a cheap one-year deal. Taco is a bet hedger for our DE depth. He's part potential, part veteran, and also part expendable. We can easily cut him if any of the other guys on this team become desirable players to keep around. Again, last year Reid and Veach had no problems letting go of Carlos Hyde even though he was making a bit more than minimum and was probably a better guy to have in the backfield than either Darrell Williams or Darwin Thompson.

Taco might very well be a better player than the young guys currently, but if Spags doesn't see an actual use and a fit in the DL rotation, he'll tell Reid to go with Danna and Harris.

Also, this is a sidenote, but provided Speaks isn't a total piece of shit, I don't think he's any more at risk of being cut as a result of this signing. Veach talked about playing him all over the place when we drafted him, and his brief stint at 3-4 OLB in which he got restricted to one position by Bob Sutton shouldn't hold him to being a DE only. I really think they're going to try to use Speaks as an inside/outside guy, and with the roster size expansion, they now have an available slot to use him as their gadget DL.

People might call Speaks a DE since he'll probably play the majority of his time there, but if that's how you categorize him when predicting the Week 1 roster, don't be surprised to see us keeping 6 DEs (Clark, Okafor, Tanoh, Danna, Taco/Harris, Speaks)

EDIT: Or you can just read what duncan had posted like 5 posts earlier instead of reading my drivel
This is all fair.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.