View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #2878
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Since coming into the league If I'm not mistaken his yards per pass were top 5, hes also top 5 in 4th quarter comebacks, and a few other metrics. Those people who said he was going to be a bust and used arm strength for their argument were clearly wrong.
I think Watson might be just slightly overrated from looking at his stat sheet. There’s almost an Elway quality where he’ll take 6 sacks and throw 2 INT’s but then play hero ball in the 4th and come from behind and win with the Texans. I think he’s a good quarterback who delivers in clutch moments, but I don’t think he’s a true rival to Mahomes - which he would be if he was in the Top 5. These are Watson’s 2019 stats:

Passing Yards: 3,852 (13th)
YPA: 7.8 (12th)
AYPA: 7.7 (11th)
YPG: 256.8 (11th)
Rating: 98.0 (11th)
QBR: 68.7 (7th)
TD% 5.3 (9th)
Touchdowns: 26 (10th)

The only stat Watson where Watson is in the Top 5 is Completion percentage. Where he ranked 5th at 67.3%. But we know all about that statistic, as this statistic is the one of the only ones where Alex Smith’s 2016 & 2017 have been superior to Mahomes’ 2018 & 2019. As we’ve seen, Mahomes’ Comp % takes hits because of his willingness to throw it away (over taking the sack) and taking shots down field, while Alex often took the sack.

Watson is a good QB. I think the draft take of “Alex Smith with a downfield clutch gene” have been pretty accurate. But the difference between him and a Top 5 is the exact same difference between him and the middle of the pack. If Watson keeps taking so many sacks at this level, I don’t know how long his play will be sustainable anyway.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 05-02-2020 at 05:09 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.