Thread: Draft Grade
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #8
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I'm super lazy and would be largely KCCrow (apart from the Willie Gay thing, though I believe some of his concerns do have merit, the talent is just unreal). So I shall teal his format and remove all analysis.

Overall Grade A-

1-32 Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU - Grade B+

A player + B positional value = B+ grade. Don't love the idea of RB in 1 but man does he fit nicely.

2-63 Willie Gay, Jr., LB, Mississippi State - Grade A-

I'm willing to gamble on the come here; unreal ability. Gotta get smarter and be put in the right places to succeed.

3-96 Lucas Niang, OT, TCU - Grade A-

Mentioned Niang as a viable 2nd round pick in the lead up to the mock. I worry about a should issue with an OL, but he could be a long-term starter at both G or even T. And if his warts remain, he's almost still going to be a damn nice pass-blocker. His strengths are where we need them to be. That's a spectacular pick in the late 3rd.

4-138 L'Jarius Sneed, CB/S, Louisiana Tech - Grade A-

"Here Spags, make this guy great..." -- I can live with that.

5-177 Michael Danna, DE, Michigan - Grade C-

I gave it a C because this is a pretty average 5th round pick but a guy who's an odd fit here to my eyes. And there were some guys on the board I'd have liked more.

7-237 Thakarius Keyes, CB, Tulane - Grade A-

Because the pick is so late it's hard to care much either way - the draft capital expended is deminimis. But like Sneed, this is a really toolsy kid and Veach trusts his staff.

All told I'm extremely happy with this draft. Just felt like I should ultimately end up on record somewhere so here it is.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.