Thread: Chiefs Countdown to NFL draft
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #147
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Sure.....except:

1. You have to complete a Chris Jones trade today. And that includes compensation AND Jones signing a new deal with his new team.

2. You have to start the conversations now with other teams otherwise they just call your bluff and you’re forced to take a player with no trade down.

All of that shit isn’t happening in the 10 minutes you’re on the clock.
No it won't happen, but hypotheticals and last minute deals are just two of the many things that make the draft great. I'm sure there have been talks between the Chiefs and other teams in regards to Chris Jones. If Deforest Buckner can get the #13 overall pick, and Jones is better than Buckner and a more sure thing, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to package something together and make it work out to your benefit. Pipe dream as I said in my first post, but would be fun as hell to see Veach pull off, even if it didn't work out the way he anticipated and he had to settle for Okudah or Brown at #3.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.