Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #2618
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Why do i like the S&W M&P line over the Glock?

Bottom line, the Glock, while functionally a very good gun, is blocky and I don't have really big hands. By blocky I mean Glock grips are built around 90 degree angles, like a 2x4. This feels uncomfortable to me, and when I'm in a hurry it can make my Glock hard to index by feel. That means that when I bring the gun up to my sightline, often the front sight is kacked off a little to the left or right of center.

M&P grips are contoured, rounded, like a muscle. They have a palm swell, a slightly curved backstrap and frontstrap, so that it fits in my average-sized hands better than my Glock, and makes indexing unconscious. When I'm shooting fast from the surrender position with the gun holstered tenths of seconds count. Coincidentally those tenths of a second also count when defending your life.

A minor issue is that Glocks come stock with plastic sights. And for some unknown stupid reason that plastic isn't the same super durable polymer they make the frame of the gun out of. So after just a few range sessions, the front sight on my Glock snapped off. I was going to replace them anyway with night sights, but I was annoyed that Glock decided to go cheap over about 10 bucks worth of steel. This may or may not be an issue for you.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.