View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:22 PM   #638
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I wouldn't bitch at a draft like that. Every pick addresses and area for improvement from last year's Super Bowl team, so theoretically it's not so much reloading as it is evolving the team.

Looking at how the Chiefs have drafted the past several years, I really see only two players that were taken with the intent to immediately plug them into the starting lineup-- Nnadi and Thornhill. If the draft went this way, you've for sure drafted 3 immediate starters, and possibly 4. I don't think Veach's board will work out that way, but you never know.
While I philosophically like the 'best available athlete' approach, I find that my real-life philosophy is to try to increase the overall starting lineup, which pushes me toward prioritizing needs. I don't track free agency well enough for this exercise, but I also like to think about who the 47th through 53rd players are on the roster, and who's going to get cut based on what I draft. I want to draft in a way that cuts the least strong players.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.