View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:57 PM   #172
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
RB is a major need, as are CB, LB and WR.

The drop off at WR is really bad at this point and even worse at RB.

The Chiefs have "bodies" at the LB position but they don't have that at the CB position.

Safety is a bigger need, IMO, than center because there's just not much behind Sorenson, Mathieu and Thornhill, who's recovery may last into the season.
Exactly how much do we need invested at the WR position? We have a top 5 group at the position and you think we're still lacking there? I'd be fine if someone falls to the 3rd or 4th and there's no better options. But I'd be highly skeptical of a WR in the first or second unless it's just an absolutely can't miss prospect. But I do agree runningback is a need, although I'd also hope we could find a decent talent in the 3rd or 4th.

The last I had heard was Thornhill was ahead of schedule and should be ready by training camp, but we'll see. I think a #4 safety can pretty easily be picked up in FA after the draft if need be. If we took a safety high in the draft I think it would have to be with the understanding that Mathieu walks after next year.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.