Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #2514
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
There are literally dozens if not hundreds of different semi-automatic pistols chambered in 9mm. It would be helpful to know your budget, if you've ever shot a pistol before and which one(s), do you have any physical limitations such as arthritis in your hands, small hands, etc.

But generally speaking, the brands Fraz listed are all quality brands. Avoid the brands he listed as unworthy. Basically any gun that retails for less than $300 is probably not a quality gun.

Also, keep in mind that many of the more popular brands such as Glock and S&W might be harder to actually find right now. You might have to pick something either used or lesser known.

A couple examples might be a S&W 5906, which is an older discontinued model, but still holds 15 rounds and is an excellent piece. Same goes for a Beretta 92FS.

A newer brand that seems to still have decent availability is the Canik (pronounced "YAH-NIK") TP9 and its variants, which run about $350. Basically it's a Glock 19/17 with better styling.

All things being equal I'd suggest a S&W M&P9C 2.0, which is the best bang-for-your-buck full-size/compact pistol on the market, IMO. They run under $400 brand new right now, physically the same size as a Glock 19, but with better ergos, and better stock sights.

But you really need to get to a range or something and test-drive several guns before making your final choice.
i like the m&p 2.0. used to do some hunting growing up.... pheasants, quail, rabbits etc. never shot many handguns. where are you seeing the m&p 2.0’s for $400? i’m seeing them at $485 and up.
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.