View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #14990
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
massive numbers nationwide like in NY would mean millions of Americans die. Not a single model is saying that level of cases or death is even possible in other parts of the USA. That’s not the bar.

The govenor said today that in NY only 20% of people that go on a vent, ever come off so far. 80% on a ventilator either die or stay on a ventilator for the rest of their lives. Let’s hope that’s not the standard for the rest of the nation.

Oklahoma cases are up 22%. That’s just one state. It’s coming for the heartland too. This virus doesn’t know a thing about a states borders.

We are still not doing the level of testing needed to get in front of this virus. Figure out where the next hotspot is going to be as per Dr. Fauci said today, we are still in the mitigation phase.
These are the statements that make me cringe when people say that. You don't know that. WA state was the hot spot a few weeks ago and now the hot spot is on the completely opposite side of the country. There are so many variables in what makes a hot spot it's almost impossible to predict.

That being said I have not heard the statement about 80% of the people going on ventilators die. If Cuomo said that I think he is the only one that has said that. What I will tell you is we have more people officially recovering than dying by roughly 2-1 at any given point.

We cannot say X spot is going to get hit hard because we don't know what impact X spot's mitigation efforts and what not have been impacting to the outcome. Also population density, average age, future treatments, etc.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.