View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #14853
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
We have mortality rates for the flu and similar and it's the same thing.... we have no idea how many people are actually infected each year.

Yeah, there's educated guesswork involved, but hell... 3.3 million at 2% would be 1.65 million at 1% or 825,000 at .5%.

Is 825,000 deaths within a year okay?
If a business as usual caused 40% to get the disease in the same year, then I don't think there is anyway the death rate would be under 2% and I would guess far, far higher.

The current death rate is based on the sickest patients getting great ICU care for 3 weeks.

I'm waiting with horrified worry to see the death rate in India and other places that don't have very many ventilators or ICU capacity.

Even with their younger population it will be Grim unless the tropics are different.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.