View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 01:40 AM   #764
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Some of the stories in Dr. Death are kind of out there, even for Wolfe.

Have not read Jorge Borges. Just looked him up. Some say you need to be able to read the Spanish version of some of his works to get full impact (I can’t) but I’m not dissuaded. Guessing that’s more true for his sonnets than his fiction. Ordered Labyrinths for my queue. Thanks for the recommendation.
Ha. I'm going to have to order that one. I think that's the only book/collection of Wolfe's that I'm missing on the shelf.

I think I saw a reddit post from an Argentinian guy saying the same. He also said Borges is still great in English. I love him. Labyrinths is a good choice. One of my favorites is in there, The Circular Ruins.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.