View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #303
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, Bryce Hall was my other guy. I was initially leaning toward Hall due to height and some good things I've read about him. But it appears that Igbhinoghene is faster and I like him as a cover guy.
Now I can comment....

I really believe that after Noah and Bryce Hall are off the board, there is a big drop at the corner position compared to the guys that have already been drafted in this mock. Noah and Hall are different corners and I think a lot depends on what you want in your scheme.

I would argue that Noah is the better athlete (can return kicks) and does a great job on the outside of being able to run with deep vertical routes. He can match up against receivers with both size and speed quite readily. What I am leery about concerning Noah is his tackling ability, and perhaps lack of versatility as I think he can only be a guy that plays outside. He is raw, and does not have a history of being able to take the ball away.

With Hall You have a scheme-versatile, aggressive, sound player who is effective in the blitz game, and has a good knack for jumping routes. His junior year was fantastic where he took the ball away netting four interceptions and if I am not mistaken had the most past break ups in NCAA division one.
The huge red flag that comes with Hall is he is coming off a devastating injury where he broke his fibula, dislocated his ankle, and tore a ligament. As of late February he still was not able to do any physical type of testing. He is better suited to play in a zone scheme where he can read and break on routes but is not necessarily terrible when asked to play man coverage.

If he checks out medically, and if I had to pick between the two, I would take Hall just because he tends to take the ball away more consistently, he has more experience and a higher floor (graduating senior), and maybe he could re-create some of that Virginia secondary magic he had playing with Juan Thornhill a couple seasons ago!
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.