View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #9109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I'd be concerned starting on anyone on that combo w/ a QT interval greater than 475. Over 500 would be an absolute CI d/t Torsades risk.

I don't know if we should be dispensing outpatient Rx for it at all. If most carriers are asymptomatic, I think you're only encouraging resistance with limited clinical benefit while also depriving people w/ RA and Lupus of a necessary medication.

I'm a bit curious about the use of azithromycin at all given increasing Strep pneumo resistance (maybe try Doxy instead). The trial said it was used to prevent bacterial superinfection, but the real benefit might be from its anti-inflammatory properties.
The azithromycin data was less clear than the initial data on plaquenil.

Who is going to perform screening EKG on these Covid patients in the outpatient setting?

I share your concerns.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.