View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 09:47 PM   #6061
[null]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Thanks. I did mention that those were "my words and interpretation", did I not?

But you're right ... if the 80,000 cases in China represent 14% of the total "potentially undocumented", that's easy math and should be a reasonable number for the time being.

But while we're here, let's think this through a moment ...

For every 1 diagnosis they estimate 6 undocumented, right?

How did the "estimated" undocumented get the disease? From the documented? From another population of unknown and therefore "undocumented"? From each other?

FAX
The estimated undocumented would have contracted it from the known carriers who had the disease prior to the time frame used for this analysis (10-23 Jan 2020). In Bayesian simulation you have to account for some unknowns, both known and unknown (thanks for that one, Mr. Rumsfeld). Hate typing long answers on phone so I will revisit this when I get to my desk tomorrow.
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote