Thread: Movies and TV New Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound"
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I never really thought about it, but offhand I'd say there are a few factors.

It was fresh in the minds of people, both filmmakers and the general public, during the golden age of Hollywood.

It was the last major conflict in which we fought that we clearly won. It wasn't a draw, or a lingering, unresolvable mess.

And the generation that fought it was remarkable. It's been all downhill since.
I think you've named quite a bit of it. In WWII it was much easier to define it as good v evil (or maybe that is easier in retrospect - I'm not sure how much of Hitlers evil was evident at the time). The following wars weren't so black and white, they were more political power moves (gross generalization).

We just feel better about ourselves in WWII, than we do subsequent or prior wars with maybe the exceptions of the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.

Also, they could churn out a movie a month back then.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.