View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #14565
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
High Maintenance on HBO is so good at subtly and lovingly skewering ALL sides, and they had a deliciously written line this week.

There was a cookout of 'bohemians' whatever you want to call them, look like hippies live in 3 story brownstones with a backyard garden.

And while the camera lingered for a moment on the grill, you barely hear in the background a gay couple chatting, and one says to the other 'you know, the way they raise asparagus these days, they're like the veal of the vegan industry.'

Subtle, economical, pithy, . . that's just good writing.
Heh, that's pretty good.

My biggest gripe about asparagus is the logistics around eating it. Kind of stringy to cut, and can't really impale it with a fork and lift. While I love it straight off the grill, I almost prefer it the next day cut up in a scramble or omelette like I did tonight. Nice way to impart some grilled flavors in an egg dish.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.